One other way is to use the Qp0zLprintf API
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/apis/p0zlog.htm

Google it for some examples.

Bryan

On Aug 17, 2009 1:17pm, Dennis Lovelady <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, Folks:

Maybe I dreamed it, but it seems like a few days ago I saw a reply message

on this list that said something like "If all you want to do is write to the

job log, just call ." Now usually, I will use QMHSNDPM for this

purpose, but it sparked my interest that there might be another way. I

tabled it because I was busy and cannot now locate that message (even in the

Midrange archives). And I didn't see anything matching that description on

the publib.boulder.ibm.com pages.