From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Massiello
Sent: Thursday, 13 August 2009 12:25 a.m.
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Client Access Connectivity and Telenet

I was at a customer last night that had two systems. I upgraded one of their
systems last night from a 9406-520 to a Power6 520. The old system didn't
have client access. I installed Client Access and the license keys on the
new system. I started Host Servers for *SIGNON and *SRVMAP. I started TCP
Server *TELNET, but I still couldn't connect via Client Access.

So, I tried to connect with Client Access to their other system, and that
worked fine. I then tried to Telnet (from my working Client Access session)
from the working system to the new system, and that didn't work. Now, here
is where the confusion comes in. I went to the Console (LAN CONSOLE) for
each machine, and I could telnet from one system to another, and I could
telnet on the console of the new system to itself. So, telnet is working.

I made sure QAUTOVRT was set high enough to create virtual devices, and I
had QAUTOCFG on. Telnet is working from above, but I can't telnet from
another system's client access session to the new system, and I can't
connect using Client Access to the new system.

The system is running V6R1 with the latest cumulative package. I am running
Client Access 6.1 on my pc. Anyone seen this before? Why would telnet work
from the other systems Console but not from another systems client access
session? I am not using named devices on the Client Access sessions.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com