Re: Getting a new IBM i - need advice

fixed

I would remind you that LPARs were being done "long before"
any HMC was available. The HMC made things easier but has
never been a requirement to run LPAR.

Read up:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzait/rzaithardwarereq.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzait/rzaitsofthard.htm

Aaron Bartell wrote:
I asked my IBM rep if I could do multiple LPARs on this machine and
here is his response: