Here is one for you old hardware guys:

I have a model 270 DSD. I have no idea what kind of console it was
originally configure for. I would like to use it with a twinax console.

The system booted fine, I could connect via IP.

I can see my twinax controller, and it goes ACTIVE, but does not recognize
any devices I hook up to it, even though autocfg is turned on. When I try
to boot into manual mode, I try the 65+21 console trick, but when I do it, I
get an "FF" which is not the response I am expecting from the operations
panel. (the instruction I have says it should show me a different SRC code
and I should be able to go into edit mode and change it). I cant even get
it to show me the SRC code to indicate what type of console is configured.

Now here is the bad part. I read someplace to change the system value for
QIPLTYPE to 2 for Attended IPL with Console Debug, but now I can not boot
the system in either normal or manual mode. I get an A600 5008 error. At
least previously I only got this code when I did a Manual IPL, but I could
get the system to come up (with no console) in Normal mode. I guess
changing that system value now prevents a normal IPL even though the panel
says 01 B N.

Anyone have any suggestions, or if you need to know what cards I have where,
let me know.

Thanks,
cjg

Carl J. Galgano