Hi,

in either way the conversion of a character date representation with a 2
digit year, will only work will only work if the job date has the same
format, in your case MM/DD/YY.

If you already have a 4 digit year, use it for conversion. If you use a
character representation, SQL can convert any of the following formats
'YYYY-MM-DD', 'MM/DD/YYYY', 'DD.MM.YYYY'. To convert a 2 digit year, you
have to use the job's date format. For me your conversion will not work,
because we are using job format *DMY.

But to make it a little easier, SQL also can convert a 14 digit character
representation of a timestamp format YYYYMMDDHHMMSS (without separators)
into a real date.
In this way I'd change the conversions as follows.
1. The numeric field:
DATE('20' concat Digits(Mundane) concat '000000').

If you are also handling with dates in the years 19xx it may be a little
trickier, because the century must be determined correctly:
DATE(Case When NumDate >= 400101 then '19' else '20' end
concat Digits(NumDate) concat '000000')

The case clause should also be used within your conversion:
DATE(Substr(Digits(NumDate), 3, 2) concat '/' concat
Substr(Digits(NumDate), 5, 2) concat '/' concat
Case When NumDate >= 400101 then '19' else '20' end concat
Substr(Digits(NumDate), 1, 2))

In the second case try the following:
DATE(SUBSTR(TRIM(SHIP_DATE)), 5, 2) CONCAT '/' CONCAT
SUBSTR(TRIM(SHIP_DATE)), 7, 2) CONCAT '/' CONCAT
SUBSTR(TRIM(SHIP_DATE)), 1, 4)) AS DATE_SHIPPED

Or
Date(Trim(CharDate) concat '000000')

BTW:
The scalar function Date will convert a character string representation of a
date or a timestamp or a character timestamp representation into a real
date.
A real date is a binary value representing the number of days since x.
A date format only makes this binary value readeable. In this way, your code
will not output the date as 'MM/DD/YYYY', it will convert the numeric date
into a real date. If you change your date format for example in STRSQL, F13,
1, DATFMT to for example *EUR, your date will be shown as DD.MM.YYYY.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"