I don't believe this will work. The OS ends all subsystems so anything
running is ended and the submits would not work. The subsystem is down so no
job scheduler functions work.

What I did in the past was create a program for the console that displays
and simply waits for messages to arrive and then starts the functions
requested. This is how I did backup and anything else that required a
dedicated state.