This should work for you:

"CSRLOC (Cursor Location) keyword for display files

You use this record-level keyword to specify the cursor location on an output operation to the record format that you are defining. Your program sends the output operation after setting the cursor location.
Example

The following example shows how to specify the CSRLOC keyword.

|...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8
00010A R RECORD1 CSRLOC(LINNBR POSNBR)
00020A TITLE 40 B 1 2
00030A PAGE 5Y OB 1 60
00040A TEXT 1760 B 2 1
00050A LINNBR 3 OH
00060A POSNBR 3 OH

"

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzahg/icmain.htm

Setg the LINNBR & POSNBR as a constant for the position you want for the first subfile option field.

Robert Nesiba wrote:
Thanks all & especially Booth.

FLDCSRPRG works on a regular display panel, but
SFLCSRPRG is what we were looking for to move from record to record on our subfile.

Only odd behavior is that after tabbing down (like we want),
one additional tab keystroke moves the cursor to the other input capable field (amount field)
on the last record of the subfile. Why there?
A second additional tab positions the cursor at the first option field (the field where we want it).

Is there a way to prevent it from tabbing over to that second input field?
Our user may inadvertently change the amount if the cursor is accidentally positioned there.

Second question: can I easily re-position the cursor to the first subfile record on page up/page down?

Thanks much!

Booth Martin wrote:
"SFLCSRPR G (Subfile Cursor Progression) keyword for display files

You use this field-level keyword to define that when the cursor leaves the field, it goes to the same field in the next subfile record instead of the next field in the same record."

http://tinyurl.com/2tv96d*
*

See if that does the trick for you.*
*

Robert Nesiba wrote:
We have a _subfile_ with two input fields, an option field and an amount field.
We want the cursor to progress down to the next option field, not across to the amount field.
It would be just fine if the amount field would only position-to
when the user specifically uses the arrow keys to position to it. (Rarely used)
What is the simplest way to accomplish this? Is there a DDS only keyword method?
(We prefer to not use a function key to toggle the amount field between input allowed and protected)

Thanks, Bob