From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: 21 July 2009 21:29
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Question(s) on converting names and addresses to UNICODE

Good afternoon all
I hope I can ask the correct question, so here goes
We have been asked to look into converting our Name and address fields from
EBCDIC to UNICODE to capture "foreign" characters
Part of that conversion is the passing of said names and addresses to a 3rd
party vendor
This is NOT really a technical question per se, but I don't really know
where to start investigating the following question.

For ALL the names and addresses that have to be captured world wide (in
whatever characters that will be passed down), what would be considered a
good "size" for fields like
first name
last name
Address lines (including street names, city names, provinces, county names,
country names etc. etc.)
Like I said - not really a technical question, but if someone knows the
answer, or can point me in the right direction, it would be MUCH
appreciated

Thanks in advance

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill