From: Dan Hogan <Dan.Hogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:35:49 AM
Subject: RE: MIMMIX and Keyed Software

Nathan,

We are a vendor. Our product is licensed by concurrent sessions. The
key is composed of, among other things, Perm and temp seats. The server
portion is keyed to a serial number. Since our product is licensed by
session, the customer is free to install the client on spare and backup
devices without paying for licenses for the device. This has been a
popular selling point.

Dan...