Looking for opinions...I've done this type of thing two different ways, but
I'm looking for a better way...one with fewer moving parts. I have a
signature capture application that takes in a signature and produces a small
file in TIF format. I upload the file to the IFS. I can then go in a couple
of directions: leave it in TIF format, and use some convoluted processing to
merge the signature and dynamic and static text (from an SCS spooled file)
using a vendor tool into a TIF format file; or convert the signature to an
AFP page segment, and then merge the signature onto an AFP overlay, again
combining static and dynamic text. In either case, the output would be a
file containing combined text and signature.

My requirements are:

Send a TIF file of each combined text/signature to a trading partner;
Enable local users (using a PC viewer) to view the combined text/signature
file.

I'd like to keep it all on the iSeries (V5R4) is possible. I know I can do
this, but I'm looking for new ideas.

Thanks...