Good point Scott....

That assumes of course that when the developer originally wrote the code
that he either allocated enough space for 1000 libraries or are dynamically
allocating the space needed at run time.

I don't think I bet willing to bet that many users of QUSRJOBI use dynamic
allocation or return data into a variable larger than 2826 bytes....<grin>

Getting back to the "modern" theme....
I suggest not retrieving the library list directly into your application at
all.
Instead, answer this question: Why were you planning on retrieving the
library list?
To Check for a libraries existence?
To Save/Set/restore it?
ect..

Now create a service program that provides procedures to handle the answers
above. That service program can call QUSRJOBI, you application will call
the service program procedures.

HTH,

Charles

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Scott Klement