First, make sure that you have the exchange server set up using the
CHGSMTPA command:

Change SMTP Attributes (CHGSMTPA)

Type choices, press Enter.

User ID delimiter . . . . . . . '?' *SAME, *DFT, ?, =, .,
&, $...
Mail router . . . . . . . . . . 'xx.xx.xxx.xx'

Coded character set identifier 00819 1-65533, *SAME, *DFT

Outgoing EBCDIC/ASCII table:

Outgoing EBCDIC/ASCII table . *CCSID Name, *SAME, *CCSID,
*DFT
Library . . . . . . . . . . Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB

Incoming ASCII/EBCDIC table:

Incoming ASCII/EBCDIC table . *CCSID Name, *SAME, *CCSID,
*DFT
Library . . . . . . . . . . Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB

Firewall . . . . . . . . . . . . *YES *SAME, *YES, *NO

Journal . . . . . . . . . . . . *NO *SAME, *YES, *NO

Process all mail through MSF . . *NO *SAME, *YES, *NO

Percent routing character . . . *YES *SAME, *YES, *NO

More...
F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F12=Cancel F13=How to use this
display
F24=More keys

Second, this is something I got from the list a long time ago. I just
can't remember who posted it.

<QUOTE>
"End the SMTP server

TRCTCPAPP APP(*SMTPCLT) SET(*ON) - prompt and hit enter

strart the SMTP server

send an e-mail using the snddst command

wait a minute or so and do a

trctcpapp app(*SMTPCLT) SET(*OFF) TITLE('SETTINGS AS of this
trace')

when this is done you should have 3 spool files, the last one will
contain the conversation that happened between your mail server /
external
servers, etc.

One other thing is to check the exchange server to see if the AS400
is
allowed to relay (must have an entry see below

You can specify IP addresses from which Exchange is to allow
relaying.

In the Exchange System manager, browse to the SMTP server, and get
the
properties window. On our system, it is called "Default SMTP Virtual
Server" and is found under the Exchange Server, Protocols, SMTP. On
the
"Access" tab there is a "Relay" button. Assuming that relaying is
restricted, add your system's IP to the Allow list, and away you go."
</QUOTE>

Third, look at http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/192.html.

Terry Anderson
Programming Manager
Citation Corporation
Switchboard 1.251.867.5481 ext 212
Direct Line 1.251.809.2312
Fax 251.867.0525
Cell 1.251.363.4975

message: 4
date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:14:00 -0500
from: "ibm" <ibm@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: AS400 > Exchange

Hello,

I am having trouble configuring AS400 and Exchange to communicate. For
now, all I need is the ability to send emails from AS400 to Exchange
2003 on the same subnet, same domain.

I have the internal iSeries SMTP server running and answering on port
25. I have a SMTP sink running on Exchange that accepts anonymous
connections and AS400 is set to 'Route' to that IP. But nothing ever
comes through. SMTP logs on the AS400 would be helpful.