There is also the ALTER Procedure command, that can be used to alter certain
bits and bobs of an existing procedure.

Could be useful

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David FOXWELL
Sent: 10 June 2009 14:15
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: How to modify a stored procedure

-----Message d'origine-----
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Charles Wilt

Make your changes and run the SQL to recreate your procedure.
Ahhh! I wasn't running the SQL at all!

What "syntax problems" did you run into using STRSQL? Naming
convention (which can be changed via F13) or the ending ;
which is easy to take out.

Thought I'd use Pat's method because it's nice to be able to get quickly to
the source. I copied into the SQL session from the iNav generated
instructions, took off the ; changed the . To /

CREATE PROCEDURE FOXWELL/MYPROC ( IN CLIENT_NO NUMERIC(9, 0) )
LANGUAGE SQL SPECIFIC FOXWELL/MYPROC NOT DETERMINISTIC MODIFIES
SQL DATA CALLED ON NULL INPUT SET OPTION ALWBLK = *ALLREAD ,
ALWCPYDTA = *OPTIMIZE , COMMIT = *NONE , DECRESULT = (31, 31, 00) ,
DFTRDBCOL = *NONE , DYNDFTCOL = *NO , DYNUSRPRF = *USER , SRTSEQ =
*HEX CASE WHEN CLIENT_NO <> 0 THEN UPDATE MYFILE SET STRTFL = 'N',
SMAJHT= CURRENT TIME WHERE SCLTNO = CLIENT_NO ELSE UPDATE MYFILE
SET STRTFL = 'N', SMAJHT= CURRENT TIME END CASE

This won't create the procedure.

Thanks.