From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 12:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: AS400 Linked Server - Error when performing UPDATE

Incorrect.

You can update tables via the linked server.

It's not quite as easy as updating a local MS SQL table, but you can do it.

Charles

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Pat
Landrum<PLandrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dave,

If I recall correctly, you can only "retrieve but not update" data on
the iSeries from a linked server connection. You could create a stored
procedure to do the updating.

Regards,
Pat Landrum
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Hanover County Public Schools
200 Berkley Street
Ashland, VA  23005
Email: plandrum@xxxxxxx
Phone: 804-365-4658  Fax: 804-365-4628
Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window - Steve Wozniak

Notice:  This message or any accompanying documents may contain
confidential or privileged information of Hanover County Public Schools.
If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying or
distribution is strictly prohibited by state and federal law. If you
received this message in error, please notify the sender as soon as
possible.