From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ALopez@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 1:15 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Checking Status of MSF/SMTP

I know that this isn't anything new, but I'm not having fun with MSF. This
crashed early this past Sunday, and when our end of month process ran that
night we had over a thousand emails that didn't get sent out. While I
monitor for all applicable messages when I issue the STRMSF command, this
happened after the job was submitted.

Is there any way to either:
- force CPFAFA0 (and assosociated error messages) to issue more than an
informational error message in QSYSOP? I would quite happily change the
message to one that would require a reply and state 'Call Andy Now--This
Must Be Fixed Before End of Day!!!!.
- check that MSF/SMTP is up and running? This test would have to be solely
on the AS/400 side--I don't see any use in sending emails that, if
received, indicate that there is no problem, and if not received indicate
that there IS a problem. WRKJOB/DSPJOB to *PRINT isn't giving me the
results I expect (as in, there are no print files when submitted in batch
mode) and I would prefer to be reading an monitor message to processing a
spool file.

Any clues on which way I should go?