We are trying to set up a method were we can use different libraries for
testing by changing the connection string/user for different
environments development/qua/production etc for our .net developers so
we can leave the data on the iSeries.

Has anyone else done something similar to this? If so how did you go
about it and/or is there a better way. I'm mainly a iSeries programmer,
so I might have to bounce the .net stuff off someone else. If I haven't
provided a enough info let me know and I'll try to get what I've left
out. Below is what the .net people are doing and the error message
they are getting:

"We have stored procedure GetAgent in SDIPoint library and we have file
AGTHDR in SDIUnitTst library.

The connection string we are using looks like:

<add name="SDI_Point" connectionString="DataSource=MFBSADV;
Naming=System; LibraryList=SDIPoint, SDIUnitTst, *USRLIBL;
UserID=SDIUser;Password=****"/>

To call the stored procedure we have to use SDIPoint/GetAgent. We get
the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2SQLErrorException: SQL0204
AGTHDR in DATADN type *FILE not found."

The owner of the stored procedure GetAgent is DATADN and there is a
library DATADN but it does not have this file in it. If we change the
owner of the stored procedure to a user that does not have a library
with the same name, then it tries to find a library with the name of the
user profile that is the new owner.

So it seems for non-qualified access with SQL naming conventions, that
this is the default and it does not search the library list? Anyway
around this so it will search the *LIBL?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you might have.

Regards,
-- Jim Lowary
Mo Farm Bureau