John Allen wrote:
So CPYTOSTMF must add it, Would the 0D0A on the last record
cause the blank line on PC applications?
Is there a way to remove it only from the last record

0D0A is the record delimiter (*CRLF), so if that's the end of the file,
CPYTOSTMF did exactly what you said it should, and Notepad is displaying
it correctly, by showing an extra, but empty (zero length) line at the
end of the page. Verify which line separator they'd like. Maybe they
only want the carriage return. That can add to confusion. More likely,
they're requesting a file with no record separator at the end of the
last record. AFAIK, neither CPYTOSTMF nor CPYTOIMPF (which is similar
but more capable) will do that. You'll need to remove it, which you can
do by simply loading it into a text editor, going to the end, and
pressing the back-space key once.

It's asking quite a bit, but hey... IBM, couldn't you implement the
ability to suppress the record delimiter at the end of file? Or did I
miss something and you've been doing that since 1986?