Tim;

In our case we start the server MAXDEVWAS60 and the apps in the server start automatically.

If you are wanting to start/stop an application in a currently running server then there are several ways to do that:

You can use the startnode/stopnode "command" found in the /bin directory of the server, if I remember correctly.

You can use the wsadmin "command" also found in the /bin directory

Or you can use ant scripting.

I have an ant script in the directory "/qibm/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profile+
s/MAXDEVWAS60/installTools/startApplication.xml" Note: We created the installTools directory in all of our servers to store ant scripts and such for application instillation.

<project name="startApplication" default="start">

<taskdef name="wsStartApp"
classname="com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.StartApplication/>

<target name="start">
<wsStartApp application="${application}" />
</target>

</project>

To run the script I have a CL with these lines:

CHGVAR VAR(&QSHCOMMAND) +
VALUE('/qibm/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/+
profiles/' *TCAT &SERVER *TCAT '/bin/ws_ant +
-buildfile +
/qibm/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profile+
s/' *TCAT &SERVER *TCAT +
'/installTools/startApplication.xml -Dapplication="' +
*TCAT &APPNAME *TCAT '"')

QSH CMD(&QSHCOMMAND)

Where the variables &SERVER = MAXDEVWAS60 and &APPNAME = application name.

Copy the script and CL and change all the "start"s to stop and you can stop an application without ending the server.

Duane Christen

--

Duane Christen
Senior Software Engineer