Then again, if you specify an end time in the ENDSBS it will then do an
*IMMED anyway, after the specified time.

IBM recommendation is to NOT do an
ENDSBS SBS(*ALL) OPTION(*IMMED)
But, to instead do:
ENDSBS SBS(*ALL) OPTION(*CNTRLD) DELAY(120)

This will allow many jobs out there that test for the end request signal
to shutdown orderly.

Now, if you're in the situation of the one legend where the gent had to
flee the burning building but with remote access brought his system down
in an orderly fashion so that it had less risk sucking in ash or water
your concerns may lean more towards the immediate.