Hi Roger,

I hope you don't mind, I emailed your question to Dan and he replied:

DB2 for i will use internal locking mechanisms to ensure the generated value
for the identity column is subsequently returned to the job which issued the
INSERT. The sequence of the identity number is not guaranteed. For example,
gaps can occur in the sequence of the identity number depending on the
amount of concurrent write activity. By default, DB2 will cache the next 20
identity values for each job. For further reading refer to the DB2 for i web
site http://ibm.com/systems/i/software/db2/awp.html and review Kent
Milligan's articles on Identity Column support.

Dan has scheduled another fab webinar with Centerfield for April 20, check
out their site for details and to sign up. If it's anything like the last
one, all 1000 webinar seat will be filled.

PS Hi Elvis, miss you guys!

Jen

Jenniefer Halverson
Director Marketing and Channel Development
800.231.5280 | 760.631.5280 (O) | 507.251.1281 (M)
S4i Systems, Inc.
<http://www.s4isystems.com> http://www.s4isystems.com

Business and system solutions on i. For the environment, the economy and
your company.