Hi Peter

I got frustrated enough to google on filezilla startup script or something like that. I finally ended up at a FileZilla forum at http://forum.filezilla-project.org and searched for iseries - that got me somewhere. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

I too wish there were an option as you describe. They do have several different server types but nothing seems to match the i.

The matter of current library - that has to be something documented - I suspect that the server still considers the current library to BE the current directory, so when you go to path naming, it does not get changed. I mean, what would you change it to? best candidate is probably the home directory from the user profile.

Vern

Peter Dow wrote:
Hi Vern,

Actually, I'm curious. Where did you learn about the .xml file and its possible contents? And I wonder why they don't have a section in the FileZilla options like they do for the local & remote directories? Also, why does it go to the current library instead of your current directory?

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

Vern Hamberg wrote:
Hi Peter

Sure - only thing I see is, the method I use puts you into your current library. But you do what you want. If you know where you always want to start, that's cool. If you always want to end up in the current library, do what I did. If you want to go to some other place in the IFS initially, put that in the remote directory, as Rob does.

What is the PERL motto? TMTOWTDI? "There's more than one way to do it."

I guess I'm still reluctant to use a cute trick (initial CD to an IFS path name) instead of a specific command. But that's up to y'all.

Peter Dow wrote:
Hi Vern,

How about putting /qsys.lib/mylib.lib as the remote directory? You end up using namefmt 1, but you're in the library area.

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

Vern Hamberg wrote:
Now, instead of this, you can set default local and remote directories - set the remote directory to / (root), and the name format will automatically be changed - this is a trick the iSeries does, because it is different from everyone else, by default. I prefer not to do this, since I usually use this to transfer SAVFs, and I'd have to put myself back into the library area again.