A call to IBM support confirmed that the set consists of 13 CDs -- 9 for
the cume package and 4 for the hypers and db, which corresponds to the
number of files I received (excluding the text files).

I suggested that they add this information to the text file that is
included in addition to the number of fixes and number of kilobytes. He is
making note of that (for what it's worth).

Mark Bazer
Director, Information Systems
Dyno Merchandise
954-971-2910 ext. 202

Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/16/2009 06:18 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Cumulative PTF package downloaded

Wow... I didn't even know you could order a CUM for download with
SNDPTFORD.

I always go to IBM's web page, place the PTF order there, and it puts
the PTFs on their FTP server, and sends me an e-mail when they're ready.
Then I download the PTFs to my IFS, add them into image catalogs and
apply them. (I actually wrote custom software to get/download the
images and load them into an image catalog... it's really convenient,
since the download tends to run for a long time... my custom software
detects network errors and resumes teh file transfer where it left off,
and other stuff. But... anyway...)

I guess we're doing two different things -- so my answer doesn't apply...

Mark.Bazer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I did it with the SNDPTFORD command -- then the files were downloaded.
I'll have to do more checking.

Mark Bazer
Director, Information Systems
Dyno Merchandise
954-971-2910 ext. 202

Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/16/2009 05:22 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Cumulative PTF package downloaded

Hmmm... not sure how you're going about this, so maybe I'm talking about

the wrong thing. But, I typically order PTFs and then download them to
the IFS using FTP.

In the directory where the PTFs live on IBM's site, there's a file named

ftpXXXXXXX.txt (the XXXXXX changes from order to order). That file
will list the .bin files you need to download as well as their sizes in
bytes.

so you can do the download, then read that file to make sure you got
everything, and that all of your files are completely downloaded (i.e.
the byte counts match.)

HTH

Mark.Bazer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
There are two text files included in the download. They include a list
of
the PTFs in the package and instructions to follow, but neither
includes
a list of the .bin files that were downloaded.

We received nine "CUMC....bin" files and four "CUMS...bin" files -- but

would be more comfortable verifying this against a list of what should
be
there.

Mark Bazer
Director, Information Systems
Dyno Merchandise
954-971-2910 ext. 202

Jerry Adams <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/16/2009 03:54 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Cumulative PTF package downloaded

Part of the download should have included such a list, as well as
instructions on installing the PTF's (Cume). I forget the names, but
they
are simple txt files.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst