The simple create table syntax Vern gave should work for oracle also.

Charles

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Adam West <adamster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Vern, I didn't explain sufficiently. I unfortunately could no longer find work in the I world so I have taken a more simple position that utilizes some skills i have with Crystal Reports and Business Objects however this is strictly an Oracle shop.

I am following this list strictly as an As/400 Anonymous type of thing. That may be the wrong term but you get my drift.

________________________________
From: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:20:23 PM
Subject: Re: Oracle in system i termonology

Adam

You have a couple nice options - you can create tables with data from
another table, or combination of tables.

create table newlib/newtable as (select * from oldlib/oldtable) with data

You could even put that into a QM query with substitution variables for
the table and library names, even other parameters from CPYF if you
wanted, then put a command and CL program in front of that QM query.

The above statement works in V5R3, at least, I believe.

HTH
Vern

Adam West wrote:
Thank you. One of the things I miss is the ability to quickly make test data. Something like the CPYF would be good.