If this is the same Infor I used to work with, good luck there. They always
told me there QA process was send it to the customer and let them test it.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Konrad Underkofler <kdunderk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

We are an Infor customer and they have announced support for 6.1 but given
the quality of their support and legacy nature it would be risky to do it in
one step. If anyone does make it work we will gladly follow in their
footsteps.

Part of the reason we need a lot of time to convert is we have stayed way
behind on ERP fixes. Infor got in the habit of issuing lots of bad fixes so
any fix apply was always with consequences. But they have now moved to a
non-supported release (on our old box) for fixes and with the two systems we
have plenty time to establish a stable working environment and test their
fixes (7000+) and our enhancements and modifications without the pressure of
working on a capacity limited box. Then we can move when we are guaranteed a
smooth cutover.

Regards,

Konrad

<smorrison-eOOfO1YW0K1bv8VwMUYDk0EOCMrvLtNR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:<
OFF3B954E5.5528BEBA-ON86257578.0055FB07-86257578.005654AE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm just curios why you wouldn't run V6R1 on the new box? You're jumping
2
release levels as it is, why not move to the latest version of the OS?
Are
you changing versions of your ERP package? That may require more parallel
run time, especially if there are customized change to test/reproduce.

Steve

- -
Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express

"news.midrange.com" <kdunderk-7rgf9XJcBgOtG0bUXCXiUA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/13/2009 10:26 AM
Please respond to
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/
w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

midrange-l-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
System i Entitlements (urgh!) Question on 270 to Power 6 move

We are still on the road to replacing our old 270 with a bright shiny new
box but confused totally as to what the process would be to move our
licenses from the old box to the new Power 6.

Scenario:
Old 270 V5R1 minimal software packages. Never on software maintenance,
still on hardware maintenance.

New 8204 P520 at v5r4. Planned to be on software and hardware
maintenance.

Conversion scenario:
1) Install new box
2) Migrate user ids and configuration for printers etc.
3) Update system software
4) Move ERP system to new box for testing and upgrading (1 to 2 months)
5) Move ERP to new system permanently go live

The pricing is about $6k different in buying all new software and keeping
the old box with valid licenses on both. If we transfer licenses /
entitlements we obligate ourselves to stop using the old box, which we
would
eventually anyway.

The question: In the transfer scenario how long do you have to transfer
licenses? I am under the impression it is 14 days. I also realize we can
run
the new box for 70 days without permanent keys. Is the a legal way to
have
60 days or so time to move off the old box for good. The OS continuation
on
the old box for a month is about $2600 so obviously the new licenses
method
seems more cost effective since we still can keep the old box live.

Anyone have a definative answer to what the timeline criteria actually
are

and how much of it is formal/informal. Would love to do it right!

Thanks

Konrad

list
w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Confidentiality Statement: This electronic mail transmission is
confidential, may be privileged and should be read or retained only by
the
intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
list
w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Disclaimer --
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may constitute a
violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the