Hi, David:

In addition to IBM manuals mentioned by others, I recommend these Redbooks:
GG24-3723-02 AS/400 Performance Management Version 3 Release 1 (Redbook)
http://www.astradyne-uk.com/manuals/ir007310.pdf
GG24-4735 AS/400 Performance Management V3R6-V3R7 (Redbook)
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg244735.html?Open

They are available for free download on the web and contain excellent information and advice.

Also, here are some recommended books that may help:

_Mastering AS/400 Performance_ by Alan Arnold, Charly Jones, Jim Stewart, Rick Turner
http://www.mc-store.com/5824.html

_iSeries and AS/400 Work Management_ by Chuck Stupka http://www.mc-store.com/5023.html
_Supercharging the AS/400 - a guide to performance management_ by Ron Fielder and Carolyn Machell
(c) 1995 McGraw-Hill Book Company, ISBN 0-07-707997-3
(this book is /out of print/ so you will have to find it at used bookstores online, such as www.abebooks.com)

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> David FOXWELL wrote:

David FOXWELL wrote:
Hi,

I wondered if I could start a new thread using Alan's reply to the dataq problem.