Thanks Eric,

Although I do not think our requirements are that dynamic (we plan to go live this weekend using 6 server programs to start), I had not thought of monitoring the data queue for a back log of requests to automatically add more server programs. What do you see the monitoring program looking like? Would you use and API to retrieve the data queue description (and thus the number or entries) or what? Would the monitoring program just wake up every n number of minutes and check? We can always use the telephone - when the users complain we can add more server programs. :-)

Thanks

Dave

DeLong, Eric wrote:
My understanding of this is that your servers read queue entries on a
first-come-first-served basis. I would assume there is some sort of
monitor on the data-queue that will spawn additional server jobs to
process entries, whenever there appears to be a backlog of requests.
This way, your processes can scale to heavier workloads...