Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Albert

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark S. Waterbury" <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Downloading a V4R5 PTF
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:05:44 -0400

Hi, Albert:

Try the following:

1. download the CUMulative PTF package (as a CD image) containing this
PTF you are after

2. burn the image onto a "real" CD (since V4R5 does not support image
catalogs)

3. insert the CD into one AS/400 that is running V4R5, and issue LODPTF
to load the desired PTF(s) from the media (CD)
(at this point, you should now have the "cover letter" (in a
physical file member) and the save file for the PTF, loaded on that V4R5
system)

4. issue the CPYPTF command to copy the PTF to another "destination" for
example, a save file of your choice

HTH,

Mark

> Albert York wrote:

Thanks but the PTF is not available via SNDPTFORD.

Albert