Pete Helgren wrote:
Former question is still open (in response to Kirk) but may be related to this one:

What are the requirements for having more than one parity set in an ASP? It *looks* like the same IOA can have multiple parity sets but I can't tell what the "bus" requirements are. Basically, reading the documentation, it says that each "bus" can support a parity set (I think) but I am not sure what a "bus" is (unless it is the large 4 wheel type that carries people). It may mean that each IOA has multiple connectors for a set of disks. I am asking specifically what do I need to look for in the config in order to make sure that I *can* have multiple parity sets on the LPAR?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to make use of the 5 - 70GB drives in the development LPAR and, since I cannot add them to the existing parity set, perhaps I can create two parity sets?

Pete

Yes a Single IOA ( disk controller ) can support multiple raid sets. Once you have all five 70s in the machine you can go to DST and Start Parity Protection it should show you the five 70s and tell it to start/build the raid set.