From: Jerry Adams <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re: CPC1116 Cannot signon even from console - please help
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, March 9, 2009, 7:11 AM

You will not be able to sign on if the user profile has in its library list a
library that does not exist. QGPL, on most systems I've seen, is in 90+% of
all user profiles. You might try using another user profile that you suspect
does not include QGPL in its library list. Usually the user portion.

Alternatively, you might put the system into DST- mode. Been a long time since
I even booted up my V3 whatever 150, but I think it requires using the security
key lock. Anyway, from there you can change user profiles or job descriptions,
I think. Anyway, I had a friend of mine do the same thing, different library;
even QSECOFR couldn't get in. DST was the method we used (>6 years ago)
to fix the problem. If you don't know the security codes for DST, though,
you may be up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle. That said,
however, most people don't change the security settings for DST/SST;
22222222 / 22222222 allowed us ('nother job, 'nother time) to break into
a used box we had bought when even the reseller didn't know the security
codes and couldn't get them.

Even if the startup procedure is in QGPL, which is usually the case I'll
admit, this would not prevent a sign-on. You would just get an error that the
program could not be found. Whacking QGPL is not considered a good idea. Hope
you have a recent backup; we back ours up nightly - not that I ever plan to
whack it, you understand.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale