If I am understanding you correctly you are saying the IFS in directory /tmp
contains a file called IFSFile.txt. So the absolute path would be
/tmp/IFSFile.txt. You're saying you do not know the name is "IFSFile.txt"?

If so, that's okay. You don't need to.

Give it a try, I woun't use /tmp though.

CRTPF FILE(YOURLIB/THEFILE) RCDLEN(512)

qsh
Once in QShell...
ls /somedir/* > /qsys.lib/yourlib.lib/thefile.file/thefile.mbr

Exit QShell and look at THEFILE. You should see the files that are in
somedir.

--
James R. Perkins