You can redesign the application to were there is not an input field on
the screen, rather a way to retrieve the data from the scale and send to
the screen.

Let's say you write an application to read the RS232 port of the scale
via in IP converter. This application can be run as a NEP server job,
perhaps waiting at a data queue. The interactive job allows the user to
select from a list of scales, which scale to read, send the appropriate
DQ entry to trigger the NEP. The NEP then reads the scale and send the
response back to data queue with a key sent by the interactive job. The
interactive job waits for this keyed entry and populates the screen with
the data. The user then has the ability to reject and re-queue another
read if the data does not look correct to them.

Now if your terminal or scale is down, you can use a remote scale. You
can also replace the PS2 keyboard with a USB keyboard as you replace
older equipment with newer equipment that no longer supports PS2
keyboards and mice.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.