i'm 1st time taking up the task in CISC to RISC migration, with the following scenarios :-

1. i've tested Upgrade Assistant in a V3R2 model 300 machine at my workplace, and it's running fine, with spool file of the Upgrade Assistant generated.

2. However, my team mate at remote site was unable to run Upgrade Assistant at his machine of same type with same OS level, according to him is due to his machine doesn't have the required PTF for running Upgrade Assistant, thus he was asking me to 'back up' a copy of those V3R2 PTF which are used for Upgrade Assistant .... And we know that the V3R2 PTF are no longer available.

My concerns are :-

3. When the Upgrade Assistant is unable to run at a V3R2 machine, is it really cause by the absense of some required PTF, or is it caused by other reasons ?
Because i wonder if just by having a backup copy of the required PTF would really solve the problem my team mate comes across.

4. The CISC to RISC migration my team mate is going to perform : V3R2 at model 300 --> V6R1 at latest model ( actual model still undecided ).

So in a migration of such a big gap, what kind of every considerations & possibilities we need to take into account ?

Any ideas appreciated. Thx ..