On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 18:46, John McKee <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, what happens when MS SQL 2008 is brought into the picture? Cause more
problems and/or break?

If you have your own applications, run your tests on them against SQL
Server 2008 and have your developers read the release notes and change
docuementation.

If you run vendor applications, make sure the vendor supports running
his software against a SQL Server 2008.

It's the same as always: Test your own software and ensure vendor
support on third party software. It's the same on any platform. Linux,
IBM i, Windows, DB/2, SQL Server, MySQL etc. pp.

All the software we run against SQL Server 2008 worked flawlessly, and
even inplace upgrades were hassle-free.