Greetings from sunny Florida.

My current task is to assemble data from files on the `iSeries` (or whatever
it's being called this week) and upload it to an Excel spreadsheet. I have
two DB400 files defined; one is the database file containing the
individually-defined alpha fields (with embedded commas removed) and the
other is a single-record file to contain the comma delimited output. I
create the comma delimited file using CPYTOIMPF, then create my CSV file
with CPYTOPCD. That part works well. On the PC side, I have an XLS
spreadsheet containing the company logo and the formatted column headings.
Each data cell is linked to a corresponding cell in the CSV file.

When the XLS spreadsheet is opened, I get two panels... one which asks if I
intend to update the data and the other confirming that the cells displayed
will be updated (something like that... I don't have them in front of me).
One option on the second panel allows me to select to not display the panels
when new data is loaded, but it displays anyway regardless of my settings.

The data for the spreadsheet will be generated and updated nightly,
unattended. What steps must I take so that the first user opening the XLS
spreadsheet does not get the two option panels? The purpose of the data
upload is to keep the list of stores and warehouses current on the web site.
Also, is there a way to force an open of this XLS spreadsheet in read-only
mode?

Please reply to RMunday@xxxxxxxxxxxxx as I have no access to internet e-mail
during the day.

Thanks,