customer of <vendor> plug.

You might consider www,servit.net

We switched from IBM to SERVIT due to IBM pricing issues.

These were both lack of flexibility in paying in advance for service, and IBM's penchant for charging big $ for products after we had traded them in & told IBM we no longer needed service on.

When we changed name of our company to better reflect the nature of the business we had evolved into, we had hassles with a lot of different vendors because of that. In IBM case they continued billing us under the old name, but refused to service us under the new name.

We have found SERVIT to be faster in responses, more flexible, and the few times we have needed their help for hardware issues outside our contract, their pricing has been very reasonable, much like UPI's.

It may be because we are in small town, rural area, where IBM may lack resources.
Many former IBMers work for SERVIT.

There's some place where you can update where the system calls IBM, to have it call SERVIT instead.

Al Macintyre

We don't have a maintenance contract with IBM. Apparently the system called
IBM and they called us to see if we wanted their help. We said sure, but
then they wanted to charge $4250 to our credit card before we could even ask
a question.