They've abandoned the idea. Their goal now is to restrict WRKQRY flat out
and restrict most users to just RUNQRY. Reason being is that the users
are not getting the information in the right perspective as on standard
reports and may be making erroneous business decisions on it. Classic
example is "Hey, if we got the item in stock why can't we ship it?" And
the answer being "because it's committed to filling out an order later
today". I liked the coworkers analogy better. Think the tv commercial
for the job placement firm that shows the monkeys dancing around in work
attire because the chart on the wall show great growth. Human turns the
chart 90 degrees to where it's supposed to be, showing a downward slope.
(Then the monkeys make him turn in back and join in their dancing.)
My fear is always that the users will say "There's no flexible reporting
in this system. Can't we move to xyz or this PC based package that allows
us to do all this reporting?"