To pick up from the end of Al's post, is there any reason to send media at
all? Why not use a secure electronic transport? The i supports SSL-based
FTP or SSL-based HTTP. You can also do SSH-based FTP using PASE (IIRC) or a
third party product like Linoma's Transfer Anywhere.

Or as Al mentioned, use a VPN connectoin. Do that and plain FTP is probably
adequate as the tunnel is encrypted even if the protocol is not.

And it's more or less free.