I got a new message today that ECS was unable to send its regular test
message. I also found a message that it couldn't vary on the old SDLC
line. I haven't used SDLC for ECS for years. I did call IBM Support and
we found that the service agent configs were FUBAR. DLTSRVCFG didn't,
CRTSRVCFG wouldn't until we manually did what DLTSRVCFG was supposed to.
We got the system able to SNDPTFORD and SNDTSTRQS so I let them close
the PMR.

Now I notice that all requests are using the VPN connection. It should
be using the HTTP/HTTPS connections as the external firewall and content
filters specifically allow the i to call the world. I've since tried a
PC with the same rules and it can connect to 207.25.253.8 (one of IBM's
ECS addresses) on port 80. However, when I try TELNET
RMTSYS('207.25.253.8') ASCOPRMOD(*VT100) PORT(80) from the i, it times
out. Same thing when I use the i's own address where it is running its
own apache. If I switch to port 25 (SMTP) telnet works to inside and
outside addresses. Something has started blocking outgoing port 80 on
the i itself. Is this something a few pointers from the mighty
Midrange-L can get me through quickly or do I need to call IBM again?

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP