Hi,

[off topic]

I can't answer to your question, but I can warn you about something you
are maybe not aware about serial numbers.

We use a home-made license management software that relies on serial
numbers, specially on the "uniqueness".
So we had the rule 1 SN = 1 customer.
We knew that rule could be broken because of second hand machines.

But last year we had to face another case 3 times : IBM Test Center
And seeing the growing number of customers that use this service, it
seems that the case will appear more often .

nicolas

Rich Loeber a écrit :
Ever since I can remember, serial numbers on the i have been 7 character
codes that start with either 10, 44 or 65. The first two digits indicate
where the system was manufactured, 10 being in the US, 44 in Europe and 65
in Asia.

Recently, a customer contacted me to report that they are moving to a new
blade server and the serial number starts with '06'. They don't actually
have the new systems installed yet, and I have seen in the past where
customers have reported unusual serial numbers to me in advance only to
find out that the old 10/44/65 rule was still in effect when they system
was installed and they checked the QSRLNBR system value.

My question, is '06' a valid new prefix for blade servers running i/OS?

Rich Loeber
Kisco Information Systems
http://www.kisco.com