From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sjl
Sent: 22. januar 2009 19:25
To: Midrange-L
Subject: problem with password validation program

Below is an email from one of our developers about the problem that we
are having.
System is V5R4 with iSeries Access V5R4M0 Service level SI26879.

Some questions:

1) how do we determine the CCSID of the information being passed from
the iSeries Access side to the password validation exit point?

2) Is iconv() the correct API to call for translating the information
in the buffer, or should we use CDRCVRT?

- sjl
--------------------------

The problem we are having is that when the user executes the CHGPWD
command from the command line the password validation program gets
executed form exit point QIBM_QSY_VLD_PASSWRD ok and the exit
information passed to the validation program is correct.

However, when the user executes the change password function from the
Ops Navigator or Client Access interface, the exit information passed to
the validation program is corrupted.

IBM's response was to translate the exit information from one ccsid to
another before passing it to the validation program.

They recommended using API CDRCVRT but for RPGIV I believe iconv() is
more suitably recommended.

The real question in my mind at this point is how can I capture the
CCSID of the information being passed from the Client Access interface
in order to know what ccsid to translate "from".

This communication is intended only for use by the addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information. If you receive this communication unintentionally, please inform us immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments. Warning: Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.