It's really easy. Say I have a Mainframe sequential file defined fixed
block, I typically will have programmers specify :

TYPE I
PUT 'Mainfram.PROD.SEQ.DATASET(0)' DBLIB/DBNAME

I have programmers include the 'TYPE I' when dealing with the Mainframe.
The EBCIDIC to EBCDIC typically will perform better as an image transfer.
This also helps with packed data. I've had problems if I don't specify
it. Ithink the EBCDIC to ASCII to EBCDIC doesn't convert nicely.

To Robs point,

If I remember correctly, a while back I was messing around with this. I
changed the access to the CLRPFM command to *EXCLUDE for a test ID and I
was unable to PUT via FTP. It uses that to clear it and then write.

We also use FTP APPEND for one of our GL interface files as well.

I thought the duplicate key was something about an I/O error. I try to
encourage the Maiframe on call programer to log onto the iSeries and check
for messages in the FTP server but I rarely get them to log on. I guess
if their not that familiar with the iSeries , trying to work with it in
the middle of the night isn't always the quickest. Easier to call
me..(misery love company).

Most of our transfers come form the Mainframe but I know I do some
Windows/Novell, just couldn't track down an example quickly.

Michael Smith
Technical Support and Data Center Manager
Farm Family Insurance cos.

E : Michael_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Mike Cunningham <mcunning@xxxxxxx>
How do you go direct to the database? Are you moving csv files or
something else?