LF with Select/Omit criteria are not use by the SQE.

Is there perhaps another LF?

VE should show you which one is used, otherwise you'd see an "Arrival
sequence access was used" message.

Charles

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM, David FOXWELL <David.FOXWELL@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, Vern,
I don't know how to do that. But I think I understand : isn't it the fact that my LF contains OMIT on a 3rd field, and this 3rd field isn't excluded in my SQL statement?

I just created the index advised by VE. Copied the existing DDS of the LF and took off the OMIT. Now, (according to VE ) the statement uses the index. I note also that I can't delete the LF again as it's locked by QZDASOINIT. VE? The lock only went when I closed down all my SQL script windows.

What I don't get now, is how is the statement so fast when it DOESN'T use the index? I have about 1000000 records but the result shows almost immediately.

David FOXWELL
Service Informatique
Tél : 03 90 23 91 63
david.foxwell@xxxxxxxxx

P*Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message