The ftp job's job log might show nothing - and once it is done, the server job usually goes away.

Your SBMJOB command or that JOBD might be set to have no logging - you could add the LOG parameter with appropriate values.

Jerry Draper wrote:
Can I do this?

ftp2sys ftp2sys
binary
put PRDT2SF
quote rcmd SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(RSTPRDT2)) JOB(RSTPRDT2) JOBQ(QSYSNOMAX)
quit

I tried it and there is no trace that anything happened on the remote.

The ftp output is:

331 Enter password.
230 FTP2SYS logged on.
OS/400 is the remote operating system. The TCP/IP version is "V5R4M0".
250 Now using naming format "0".
257 "QGPL" is current library.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
> binary
200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
> quote rcmd SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(RSTPRDT2)) JOB(RSTPRDT2)
JOBQ(QSYSNOMAX)
250 Command SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(RSTPRDT2)) JOB(RSTPRDT2)
JOBQ(QSYSNOMAX) successful.