I know that you can MGET several files at the same time by turning the PROMPT'ing feature off by using the word PROMPT during and FTP session. I just
tested this and it doesn't look like it's possible to do within the i. I'm not sure how this would work for the i, but it's always worked for me when
I was working primarily on the unix side but I don't know how to do a Massive GET from the i. Anyone?
**************************************************************************************************************

On another side of this equation. I'm trying to put two files to an offsite location using the IFS as my storage location.

I have already converted the files that I need to send into text files and saved them using a daily scheduled job. There is a folder in root that I
created for the purpose of storing these two text files. I am trying to schedule a daily process to ftp these two *.TXT files up to a server on the
other side. I am connecting successfully to the ftp server, but I'm getting the following error:

File name format not valid. Use the format: library/file.member or file.member.

PUT '/FOLDER/FILENAME.TXT'
or
LCD /FOLDER
PUT FILENAME.TXT
Both give me the same error in my ftp output. How do I ftp something from IFS? I can add the ASCII portion to force the transmission in ASCII, and
that worked, but it's still griping about the naming convention.

Thank you,
Bill Epperson Jr.
Systems Communications Analyst
Memorial Health System
(719) 365-8831

rob@xxxxxxxxx

Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx To
cc
01/15/2009 06:40 AM
Subject
Re: MGET
Please respond to
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I tend to agree with the others. You must be doing something wrong. :-)
Meaning, if you "think" it's all going to the same spot then maybe you're
not in the directory (or library) you thought you were. For example if
your ftp script looks like
open rmtlocation
user ...
locsite namefmt 1
lcd /home/daveo
cd ...
mget ...
quit
WRKLNK '/home/daveo/*'
8=Display attributes
verify "Data change date/time"

Now, some remote systems may be a challenge. Take this directory listing
for example:
abcde.txT
abcde.tXt
abcde.Txt
abcdE.txt
abcDe.txt
abCde.txt
aBcde.txt
Where did I see that? On an i of course. If you run into that then you
had better be trying to mget into a subdirectory underneath /QOpenSys to
support mixed case.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108