From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:20 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Best Practices on DB2 SQL Databases

You must be a one man shop. Let's see, I have to write some native
access against a table. This table has meaningless short names,
therefore, I must have never used native access on it before. Guess
that means I can rename the short names with a good old alter table on
the fly and not concern myself if someone else wrote native access
against this table, (or Query/400 or SQL using the existing short names
or...). I'd rather name the short names to something meaningful on day
1 and alleviate the concerns.

Of course the expected reply is that someone has this Jim Dandy cross
reference tool that checks existing usage and never fails regardless if
it's RPG, CL, imbedded SQL, stored procedures, client based code,
encrypted variables used in "prepared" sql, and other impossibilities.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E