Dave Murvin wrote:

Has anyone had any problems with the IBM job Scheduler (WRKJOBSCDE) dropping jobs?

We have had a couple of instances in the last few months where jobs
that we thought were regularly scheduled to run were just not there
in the job scheduler. There has been some turnover, so we do not
know for a fact that the jobs were there before and then went
missing, but the jobs in question would (or should have) been noticed
by the users and they were not noticed for quite awhile (one case
almost two months for something that updates descriptions in the item
master).

We will be watching what is going on more closely now to be sure we
are not imagining anything, but thought I would check to see if
anyone else had similar problems.

Consider auditing the QDFTJOBSCD in QUSRSYS Job Scheduler Object [type *JOBSCDE], by issuing CHGOBJAUD after activating system value QAUDCTL for *OBJAUD. After an entry goes missing, review for the journal entries in QAUDJRN, presumably for a requested RMVJOBSCDE request on the missing entry since its ADDJOBSCDE:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/topic/rzarl/rzarle42.htm

I do not recall if any auditing for system activity via QAUDLVL system value, for example *JOBxxx or *SYSMGT, might include anything additional worthwhile over the object auditing.

Note that an [un]intentional restore into QUSRSYS could effect replacement of the object which stores the entries, thus reverting to a level prior to the when a missing entry had been added.
http://forums.systeminetwork.com/isnetforums/showthread.php?t=29098

Unlikely, but if all entries were to go missing, the condition noted in the following KB item explains a possible origin:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/0d65c1f38c1450ad862565c2007d2da3?OpenDocument

Regards, Chuck