Is the user defining a device name in Client Access? if so then system value QAUTOCFG must also be turned on, or the Client Access config should be changed to "Select Workstation ID" and have the ID as blanks. This will then use one of the exists QPADEVxxxx devices.

Jim

--- On Wed, 1/7/09, Corey Bordelon <corey.bordelon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Corey Bordelon <corey.bordelon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IBM System i Access Emulator Troubles
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 8:08 PM
He wasn't assigned to a Workstation ID, but we tried
assigning one and it
didn't work. SYSVAL QAUTOVRT is at *NOMAX.

He can connect through telnet, JWalk, and tn5250 to get an
interactive
session. He can also use iSeries Navigator as normal. But
he still can't
use IBM's emulator to get an interactive session.

I didn't see any error message related to this when I
tried to view those
MSGQ's.

Thank you for your help.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM,