From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:40 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Week_ISO and the last week of 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:28 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

McKown, John wrote:

Given your email address, I'd guess that you are using the
European date format instead of the US one. If your curious,
that means you should try:

select week_iso(date('29/12/08')) from sysibm.sysdummy1

Rather than trying another variant [non-standard & ambiguous
two-digit year] date-format based on locale, it is IMO always best to
choose a standard[s] format such as the *ISO date-format, for the
specification of any date literal. That is, the original
given example
would have been best, coded to avoid ambiguity [and thus
mapping errors]
using:

select week_iso(date('2008-12-29')) from sysibm.sysdummy1

Regards, Chuck
--

Agreed! Wish I could get our users used to ISO formatted dates. But,
then Moses wrote dates in mm/dd/yy and if it's good enough for him, it's

First job I worked at, in the late 1970s, I produced a date and time
using yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss where the hours were in "military" time
(00-23) and the date & time set to GMT ("Zulu time"). I was nearly
lynched.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)
Administrative Services Group
(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell
john.mckown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * www.HealthMarkets.com

confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.