What I sent the colleague whose customer wanted it:

The grand total here also includes other things, like the settings and
workflowscripts subdirectories (but not, so far as I can tell, their
contents), but it's quick and easy.

From an OS/400 command line, type
QSH
and hit <enter>. This will put you into QShell.

Then type, assuming your environment is WTFOOBAR,
ls -al /wintouch/wtfoobar
and hit <enter>. This will give you a directory listing with sizes, and
with a grand total at the top (it could be hundreds or even tens of
thousands of lines; they might need to press F17 to get back to the top).

To exit QShell, just press <F3>

Even easier: From an OS/400 command line, type:
QSH CMD('LS -AL /WINTOUCH/WTFOOBAR')
This will run the command (it could take several minutes to complete) and report