We upgraded both hardware and the O/S [V5R2 to V5R4]over the weekend. I ran a couple of programs yesterday that put files onto a network server with no errors.

Our clerks run programs that get files from the server. They just noticed that data was not being retrieved - we don't get data every day from each entity. I checked the server, we have two files sitting out there.

I think our dept is the only one that retrieves data in this manner, but I sent this out to the other programmers with no response, so far.

I didn't see anything about this in the memo to users for both V5R3 and V5R4.

Does anyone use scripts to retrieve data from a server?

For example:
CD /WARRANTS
LCD TRSFTP
SENDPASV
LS *.TXT (DISK
MGET *.TXT (REPLACE
MDELETE *.TXT
QUIT

I have three with at least two failing...here is one log:

LS *.TXT (DISK
200 PORT Command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
Unable to open or create target file LSOUTPUT in library TRSFTP.
226 Transfer complete.
No response received from FTP server.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
MGET *.TXT (REPLACE
Unable to send data to server.
No response from remote host; all connections closed.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
MDELETE *.TXT
You must first open a connection.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
QUIT

The file is clearly in library TRSFTP:
Display Object Description - Basic
Library 2 of 2
Library . . . . . . . : TRSFTP Library ASP device . : *SYSBAS
Library ASP group . . : *SYSBAS

Type options, press Enter.
5=Display full attributes 8=Display service attributes

Opt Object Type Attribute Size Text
LSOUTPUT *FILE PF 36864 Output of LS command

Programs that 'put' files to the server work fine, so far.

Fran Denoncourt
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Pinal County Treasurer's Office
Florence, AZ 85232
(520) 866-6404
Frances.Denoncourt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email